So now you have decided you want to lease a pub with Thwaites how do you apply?
At Thwaites we really want people to talk to real people. The simplest way to do this is to give us your details on “Quick Enquiry” and Mike or Rachel will get in touch with you very quickly and discuss your desire to lease a pub from us.
In general people come to Thwaites from three routes:
- You may be running your own pub business now or have done in the past
- You may be managing a pub for a company or individual
- You may have always wanted to run your own pub but the timing has never been right, until now
Our Recruitment Executives will be able to talk to you about your application and how it will progress depending on your circumstances but in the meantime there are things you need to consider:
- Complete the Bii Pre Entry Awareness Training (PEAT). Even if you are an experienced operator, there is always something new to learn or prior knowledge to brush up on
- You need to hold a personal license. It’s a legal requirement that you do so before taking on you pub business. To get one you need to complete the one day APLH course, the simplest ways to do that are:
− We run them at the Brewery with our training partner InnFluential
− Your local authority will run them
− You can enquire with an accredited training provider such as CPL
- Consider how you will finance your business start-up. At Thwaites we have a number of ways we can assist with finance but remember the bigger the business you want to take over, the more money you will need.
− You will need a bond / deposit
− You will need working capital
− You will need to purchase Fixtures and Fittings (F&F).
So start now with our Pub Search function and get in touch through the Quick Enquiry link.